Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Dresden Plate

I finished a project this past week that has been on my bucket list for a while. I've wanted to learn how to make dresden plates for a few years now, but they looked hard so I chickened out. I participate in a bi weekly crafting challenge called Iron Craft. When the theme "D is for..." came up for our Iron Craft challenge I knew it was finally time to face my fears and do it!

I went through and found a pin I had saved on Pinterest that had a tutorial that looked fairly straight-forward and simple. That was the one to try. To kill multiple birds with one stone I also decided that I'd make this project work with the Monthly Pinstrosity Challenge of "Use it Up" where all the supplies for the project had to be things I already owned.  My stash is quickly becoming flooded with fabrics I've found at Aunt Judy's Attic. Sometimes I just can't resist buying some of the fabrics I see, even though I don't have a project in mind right away. They just wrap their fibrous fingers around my heart and beg to go home with me. How can I say now to that?! I found that I still have some of the beautiful dragonfly fabric from a few years ago, and then found 3 other fabrics (all from the store!) that went along perfectly. 

The whole process was so much less of a headache than I imagined it would be. Dresden plates are surprisingly not hard at all, at least with this pattern! My fears had been unfounded. It was fun to put this together and I love how it turned out! Now I want to make a quilt all of Dresden plates! 



No comments:

Post a Comment